- Hook: Dry fly, sizes #12-#18.
- Thread: 6/0, color of underbody.
- Underbody: Antron yarn dubbed thinly on rear two-thirds of hook shank.
- Preferred colors are dark olive or brown.
- Overbody: Light olive or tan Antron yarn tied in at bend of hook, pulled
forward and tied down behind the hook eye forming a sparse “ball” around
the underbody. It is important that the underbody can be seen through the
- Wing: Deer-body hair tied flat over top of overbody; no longer than bend
- Head: Dark brown Antron